The performances will feature classic acts such as the Police, Madonna, Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Jovi and Metallica as well as contemporary artists including Kanye West, Wolfmother, Rihanna Akon and Kelly Clarkson. In addition people will be asked to sign the climate change pledge.
Here's the text of the pledge:
1. To demand that my country join an international treaty within the next 2 years that cuts global warming pollution by 90% in developed countries and by more than half worldwide in time for the next generation to inherit a healthy earth;
2. To take personal action to help solve the climate crisis by reducing my own CO2 pollution as much as I can and offsetting the rest to become "carbon neutral;"
3. To fight for a moratorium on the construction of any new generating facility that burns coal without the capacity to safely trap and store the CO2;
4. To work for a dramatic increase in the energy efficiency of my home, workplace, school, place of worship and means of transportation;
5. To fight for laws and policies that expand the use of renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on oil and coal;
6. To plant new trees and to join with others in preserving and protecting forests; and,
7. To buy from businesses and support leaders who share my commitment to solving the climate crisis and building a sustainable, just, and prosperous world for the 21st century.
If you are interested in signing the pledge you can do so at http://www.avaaz.org/en
Keep your cool. gg