Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dorothy Hyde Kuhrt--100 Year Birth Anniversary

Pretty as a movie star, my mom could have held her own in the Hollywood days of Joan Crawford and Bettie Davis. Lucky for me, Dorothy chose to be a mom and a "housewife." No, Mommie Dearest, fortunately--but the dearest and most loving of moms. Her baking gene produced award worthy treats which were gobbled up by friends and family. She was a perfectionist--our house was always super clean and beautifully decorated. She paid the same attention to my wardrobe. I was always dressed in the latest fashion of the times. She would spend hours taking me to stores to find just the right outfit--whether for the first day of school, Christmas, a new coat for winter or an Easter outfit. I especially remember times spent at Marshall Field's State Street Store and Gilmour's in Oak Park--trying on coats, hats, dresses and more. Happy 100th Mom--I know you're out there somewhere in the Internet. Love and thanks for all you did, Carole

No comments: